Question on Analysis of Brainwaves

crosley at crosley at
Sun Oct 5 17:38:43 EST 1997

In Article<34301f8b.5419368 at>, <Bagelboy at> write:
> Path:!!!!!btnet!!!!!news at
> From: Bagelboy at (Steven)
> Newsgroups: bionet.neuroscience
> Subject: Question on Analysis of Brainwaves
> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 21:40:34 GMT
> I'm sorry to bother everyone, but I'm a New York City High School
> student researching the possibility of integrating your mind
with a
> computer in the future so that your mind controls the
> Please bear in mind that this is something for way in the
> Does anyone know where I could get some information about
> and deciphering brain waves and how this could be used as an
> for a computer?  Thank you for your time, and I would greatly
> appreciate any help you could give.
> -----------------
> Steven
> Bagelboy at

     The problem with trying to use brain waves for
     control purposes is that there are much larger
     potentials on the surface of the scalp that are easier
     to control and in any case will have a greater
     It might be easier to use these. e.g. muscle and
     eye movement potentials are hundreds of times greater
     than brain wave voltages.
     There are claims to use brain waves for control
     purposes, but I think it is these other electro-
     physiological phenomena that are really being trained.