Non-invasive Brain Stimulation

uhs0403 at ohsu.edu uhs0403 at ohsu.edu
Sun Oct 5 21:49:18 EST 1997

In our lab we have used the transcranial magnetic stimulator in our studies of
visual processing. Correctly timed pulses delivered to the occipital lobes can
interrupt perception of a visual stimulus. In a backward masking paradigm the
timed magnetic pulse can interrupt the mask, thus unmasking the target.
Neuropsychiatry is currently engaged in studies of tms to the frontal lobes
for treatment of depression.

In article <34374A44.DB23E017 at mdb.ku.dk> "Brian Bjørn" <bbjorn at mdb.ku.dk>
writes:>From: "Brian Bjørn" <bbjorn at mdb.ku.dk>