HELP!!!

Amish Munshi ST000107 at hrz1.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Oct 7 21:22:46 EST 1997

Date 07.10.1997

Hello Everyone!!!

We are seeking help and advice in the following matter. Kindly revert
back on this matter if any one can help us out at the email address:
ST000107 at hrz1.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de

THANK YOU.

Regarding Ms.Patel Alpa

This twenty seven year old Asian lady developed sudden & fast
unconsciousness eight days back. She delivered a baby girl about twenty
days back.(i.e.20 days before this event). In the past history she had
pregnancy induced hypertension which she continued to have even after
delivery. On the day of the episode her blood pressure was 150/100
mm/hg.

MRI angiography confirmed complete(=Total) Basilar artery thrombosis.
There is a suspicion of transverse sinus Thrombosis. At present she is
receiving low molecular weight Heparin, Aspirin and other supportive
treatment. She has regained consciousness but is in locked-in
position-Tetraplegia, Aphasia and communication through eyes.

Is there any special measure we can take to help her regain
consciousness fully as well as power in her limbs?

Is there any newer medicine to help regenerate neuronal cells?

We shall be extremely delighted and thankful to receive reply for the
same at the earliest.

Sincerely,

Dr.Tiven Marwah
Dr.Ajit Sowani
(Neurophysician)

PS: We could not find any cause for thrombotic event at this early age.