G-protein autoradiography

JOSEPH CHEER mqxjfc at mqn1.phpharm.nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 9 08:09:51 EST 1997

Dear neuro-netters,

I am planning to begin some experiments concerning the use of 10
micron sections (coronal) to observe G-protein activation. I have two
methodological questions that I hope someone can answer:

Can I freeze/thaw my sections without having any significant effects
concerning G-protein function, if yes what would the time course be?

I will be putting excess GDP  [(2mM) before actually putting the
slice in contact wit the radioactive ligand] for better binding of
my ligand should I try an external source of heat to (hair dryer?)
avoid an undesirable dilution effect after this phase.

Thank you in advance for your replies - Joe