nerve message transmission. Help please.

Paul Attard paul at satelite.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 14:26:28 EST 1997

Please excuse my intrusion, but I am in need of some basic information
on the way nerves transmit and receive information.  I am currently
doing some work on basic theoretical cyborg systems.

What is the method by which messages are sent to muscles via the nerves?
(electro chemical)?

If it is electro/chemical what sort of levels.  I assume the greater the
level the greater the reaction?

Can these levels be measured?

Are the same nerves used to transmit as well as to receive?
(simplex/duplex)?

Any assistance would be very gratefully received

--
Paul Attard J.P.
(Brigantia. http:\\www.satelite.demon.co.uk/brigantia)

                        All those moments...will be lost...in time
                               Like tears...In the rain.

                                      Time to Die.

(Blade Runner)