Effective Prayer

uhs0403 at ohsu.edu uhs0403 at ohsu.edu
Thu Oct 16 13:17:47 EST 1997

I remember a study some time back in which prayer and religious faith was
compared with non-religious (scientific) treatments. Prayer and religious
affiliation was associated with slightly worse outcomes. I wish I had the ref.
And in research on shipwrecks and accidents, the presence of clergy was
associated with a higher probability of the plane crashing, train wrecking or
the ship sinking.