Post-Doc or Graduate Student Position Availble

Richard Kerr kerrr at CRYPTIC.RCH.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Tue Oct 21 00:23:38 EST 1997

At 02:15 21/10/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>A full-time post-doc research fellow or graduate student position
>is available at department of Biochemistry, Hanyang University
>College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea.
>All applicants should be affluent in spoken English.

>We would prefer Asian researchers like Philippines etc.

Why?
would you prefer an 'American of Phillipino descent' over an 'Afro-American'
or any other person who has a good command of spoken English.
What kind of funding do you have ?
What is the precedent for specifying the race of the fellow/student ?
Citizenship is not a fatcor as you specify 'Asian' not 'Thai' or 'japanese'
Are you prepared to defend this statement?
if the answer is 'yes' then ......I eagerly await your defense, which I will
digest quite thoroughly.

Yours curiously
Richard Kerr.
The Murdoch Institute,
R.C.H. Flemington Rd, Parkville, 3052,
AUSTRALIA.
kerrr at cryptic.rch.unimelb.edu.au
Phone (61) 3 9345 5045.
FAX   (61) 3 9348 1391.
'The most interesting things about vertebrates occur in the neural crest.'
	Peter Thorogood.