Biofeedback (Question)

Leslie E. Packer, PhD lpacker at pipeline.com
Fri Oct 31 18:58:57 EST 1997

Hello Alexander,

I'm a professional who uses biofeedback in the treatment of some
neurologically based conditions -- such as hemiparesis
(paralysis/weakness) due to stroke, head injury, or  traumatic brain
injury;  for paralysis due to spinal cord injury, and for movement
disorders such as spasmodic torticollis.  And I used it experimentally
in one case of progressive supranuclear palsy with interesting
results.

I've been using these techniques since 1980 with the above
populations, and have found them to be effective as an adjunct to a
comprehensive rehabilitation program.

Rather than go into details here, let me simply ask you if there's a
particular neurological disease/condition you have in mind?

--
Leslie

 "A big change in my life from ages six to twelve was when
  I helped save the rainforests by recycling one test paper
  fifteen times.  It was pretty hard to read, but all that
  mattered was helping the earth."
   -- from "My Life," by Justin Packer-Hopke, 1997