Alien Abductions

Red at Red at
Fri Apr 17 10:09:51 EST 1998

"Peter Nelson" <pnelson at> wrote:
>SW <stephen.walsh1 at> wrote in article
><353351E9.20F8 at>...
>> Lee Merkel wrote:
>> >
>> >  Occam's razor, tremendously rusty from being over-used, gets
>> >  worn out completely when people attempt to apply it to the many
>> >  many thousands of reported cases of such abductions. Then it just
>Who cares?    We don't need Occam's razor to deal
>with 'alien abductions'.     The case against 'alien abductions'
>is really a lot simpler - the proponents of 'alien abductions'
>have failed to present even a single solitary piece of
>evidence FOR aliens or abductions.   Zero.  Zilch.   While
>strong claims require strong evidence, they don't even have
>weak evidence.

Typically we expect what happened in the past to happen now, and in the
future. If a proposed event is consistant with the patterns of reality,
then it is those argueing against such events that have to provide the

The English did abduct Amerindians and take them back to England in their
wooden sailing ships at first contact. So, the pattern is well

So, it is up to you to prove that this established pattern is no longer

Pantheon Global-USA <
Are you a single man with an adventurer's spirit? You may be
interested in Pantheon's Single Gentlemen's Adventurer's Club.
There's an e-mail link at the bottom of the homepage.