Toward a Science of Consciousness 1998

Scot Mc Pherson behomet at geocities.com
Sun Apr 19 14:23:10 EST 1998

I think his question is relevant here too. There is a theory that suggests
that advanced computer systems could infact assume consciousness with the
right programming. And programs that are allowed to improve upon and
reprogram themselves could arguably become a sentient consciousness.
Remember that ultimately everything comes from the same star stuff that we
are made of. If you want more scientific terms, we constitute the same sub
atomic particles that exist throughout all of creation.

We are just a freak of nature that allowed the material that makes up our
constituency become a pattern in the way it does to create US, but not
impossible or WE wouldn't be here. This is paralleled by the fact that IA
Consciousness would be a freak of computing, but not impossible.

Scot