Toward a Science of Consciousness 1998

Neil Rickert rickert at
Fri Apr 24 11:08:34 EST 1998

modlin at writes:

>But if you really mean to say that the architecture used for the
>computing itself makes a difference to what can be computed, given the
>necessary input and ignoring performance...  then I respectfully suggest
>that's incorrect.

The important points that you are missing are:

	We are not given the necessary output.  We have to fetch our
	own input, and make our own decisions as to what input to

	We have to make do with whatever performance we have.  It it
	took a year to make the decision whether to eat that morsel
	of food, we should soon starve to death.