Neural Oscillations

nospam.stenberg at! nospam.stenberg at!
Tue Apr 28 03:28:02 EST 1998

eric Wolf <ewolf at> wrote:
> Hello, looking for information on neural oscillations.  I was wondering
> if a neuron is capable of oscillitory firing behaivor without recieving
> a driving stimulation.   The source of these oscilations intruiges me.

Please look at the comments in the current thread "Signals in the
brain". There are found suggestions of basic texts on the subject.
Solving your problem through the comments of netters is a bad idea.

Dag Stenberg
Dag Stenberg     MD PhD                    stenberg at
Institute of Biomedicine		   tel: (int.+)358-9-1918532
Department of Physiology                   fax: (int.+)358-9-1918681
P.O.Box 9        (Siltavuorenpenger 20 J)
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki,Finland