Q: Which Saponin concentration for LM cryostat sections?

Swidbert R Ott sro21 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 30 04:07:41 EST 1998

Could anybody help me please: what is the usual concentration range for
Saponin as a detergent in immunocytochemistry, on 10-30 um cryostat

(I'm trying to improve AB penetration, Triton doesn't seem to do the job;
I would therefore start at the stronger end of the Saponin concentration

Also, do you recommend the stuff in all buffers (AB dilution, wash) or
just as a pretreatment before AB incubation, with Triton in all following

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Swidbert R. OTT
Dept. Zoology, Univ. Cambridge/UK