ZISC (Zero Instruction Set Computing)

Bernie Arruza arruza at ibm.net
Sun Aug 16 01:01:37 EST 1998

Hi all,

Are there people doing anything interesting with this chip?
I have a PCI board with 13 ZISC chips and I'm writing a Java
JNI DLL that wraps the C APIs shipped with the hardware. This
way my GUI  can be written entirely using the Java Foundation
Classes (JFC). Since all of the work is being done in hardware
the lack of execution speed of the language should not be a
factor.

I have several ideas for projects and a theoretical background
in Neural Networks. Now that I have a chance to implement something
I'm finding out that if I don't watch myself Garbage In WILL generate
Garbage Out. I'm struggling with how my data should be normalized
and presented to the NN hardware (how many inputs, and so on).

I have the PCI card plugged into my home PC, and I'm trying a few
project
to see if I can come up with something useful. I can't dedicate as much
time to this work as I would like to, but it makes for a nice hobby.
I have collected a whole bunch of articles on Radial Basic Function
Neural Networks' theory and their applications. It would be nice to hear
from others that are actually doing work with this chip.

Bernie Arruza
IBM Manufacturing Technology Center
Boca Raton, Fl