Where does memetics belong in a hierarchy of Web links?

Arthur T. Murray uj797 at victoria.tc.ca
Sun Aug 16 12:26:18 EST 1998

Since there are lots of good links to memetics Web sites, it
is time now to "plunk" (is that the word?) memetics into the
 http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/webcyc.html Philosphy Webcyc
which lures people to their fated Memes with tempting clusters
of links on such memetically incandescent topics as:
 http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/webcyc.html#espionage Espionage
 http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/webcyc.html#hacking Hacking and
 http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/webcyc.html#seti S.E.T.I. - the
Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (equal to Ufology).

But where will memetics go?  Should it be:
    - sciences
        - psychology
             - hypnosis;
             - memetics?
Is memetics truly now a science, or does it belong among
arts and humanities?  Is it a branch of "advertising"?
I betray my profound ignorance, but we are here to learn.