To Anyone Suffering From An Unidentified Health Problem

NOmikex at swbell#.net NOmikex at swbell#.net
Fri Aug 21 02:10:41 EST 1998

ATeasd5941 wrote:

> If you are having a health problem that you or your doctor
> can not identify, do not despair. The body is a complex
> thing and many diseases, although seemingly obvious
> to one person, are not always to another. If you feel that
> what is wrong is physical " do not" under any circumstances
> take a diagnosis of depression. Consider using one of the
> more highly trained hands on therapists, they WILL refer
> you back to your GP if they find a physical ailment. Your
> local library may hold a list of registered therapists.
> A health problem is not an individual problem it often effects
> whole families and beyond. Therefore it is appropriate to seek
> help from many sources if need be, in fact it is sensible.
>
> Please don't lose sight of yourself on your quest to discover
> what's going on in your World, it will have a devastating effect
> on your mental well-being otherwise.
>
> All the best to you
> Carol T
I'd agree but I'm a progressive MS patient and MS is not considered a
"life threatening" disease! Tell this to a MS patient who looses hand,
arm, leg and mental capacity! Most insurance companies won't persue(pay
for) additional treatment or tests that are MS related, but mention
DEPRESSION and you can always get in the hospital for that. Once there,
you can get your doctor or neurologist's attention and let them order
the extra tests WHILE in for the depression. It's not the "correct" way,
but sometimes "the end justifies the means"!!
The depression can result from the physical losses and subsequent
unanswered medical questions. If your original GP is GOOD, he'll do the
right thing but too many GP's are on the HMO "feed trough" plans.
(just my personal experience)
Mike
mikex at swbell.net