Does anyone know what orthostatic intolerance is???

William Byrd wrbyrd at home.com
Tue Dec 1 16:46:40 EST 1998

The Doctor said that the sweating feet is caused because of nerve endings
acting up and that it has something to do with degeneration.  She does have
low blood pressure and is drinking Gatorade and eating salt to improve that.
When she stands up she blacks out.  Sometimes it is worse than others and
sometimes it happens even when she is sitting down.  Her legs sometimes go
numb when she stands and sometimes has trouble going up and down stairs.
She looses her balance easily.  She has been told that she has a problem
with her autonomic nervous system, I think it is called dysautonomia.  In
addition to all of this she has first degree heart block and occasionally
skips beats.  Anything that anyone can tell me about this would be greatly
appreciated.