Does anyone know what orthostatic intolerance is???

Andrew K Fletcher andrew.k.fletcher at naturesway.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 2 16:18:30 EST 1998

Raise the head of her bed by six inches or fifteen cm, so that the whole bed
slopes downward from head to toe.

When she is sitting put extra pillows under her bottom so that when viewed
from the side, her bottom is higher than her knees.

Orthostatic intolerance is caused by our lack of understanding in the way
that gravity assists/drives circulation.

I suggest you start immediately and perhaps you could post a progress report
in a few days time?

Horizontal bed rest and poor sitting posture should be eliminated from her
routine in favour of an inclined posture.

She blacks out because a negative pressure is induced by gravity as it acts
upon concentrated liquids which result through vapour lost from the
respiratory tract and skin.
When she is in the wrong position a build up of these "heavier" liquids
causes a sudden increase in the circulatory systems.

--
Andrew K Fletcher

<4tZ82.963$Pq4.4177023 at news.rdc1.tx.home.com>...