Non-lethal weapons acting ...

jwill at pacbell.net jwill at pacbell.net
Sat Dec 5 12:58:52 EST 1998

Log in to MEDLINE, and check out the Russian and Soviet
"research" on microwave neural effects.

I doubt you will see any differential effect on neurotransmitters:
It's the wrong scale, entirely.  However, nerves or glands
of different geometry or electrical characteristics may
be made to respond differentially (heat is only a side effect),
thus changing neurotransmitter ratios in tissue.

The weapons programs against personnel pretty much have been
abandoned, because of abuse of civilians in the 60's & 70's.
Most of the applications now are unclassified and not very
impressive.  That's why the Armed Forces abandoned them.

However, in the hands of unscrupulous civilians, these
"weapons" can be used to harass people for political,
religious, or other reasons.  Or, for just plain malicious
"fun".