Non-lethal weapons acting ...

jwill at jwill at
Sat Dec 5 12:58:52 EST 1998

Log in to MEDLINE, and check out the Russian and Soviet
"research" on microwave neural effects.

I doubt you will see any differential effect on neurotransmitters:
It's the wrong scale, entirely.  However, nerves or glands
of different geometry or electrical characteristics may
be made to respond differentially (heat is only a side effect),
thus changing neurotransmitter ratios in tissue.

The weapons programs against personnel pretty much have been
abandoned, because of abuse of civilians in the 60's & 70's.
Most of the applications now are unclassified and not very
impressive.  That's why the Armed Forces abandoned them.

However, in the hands of unscrupulous civilians, these
"weapons" can be used to harass people for political,
religious, or other reasons.  Or, for just plain malicious

In article <74a49t$q71$1 at>,
  "Richard Norman" <rsnorman at> wrote:
> F. Frank LeFever wrote in message
> <747l40$qj6 at>...

> >Central

> >>The problem is that the dopamine frequency is perilously close to the
> >>GABA frequency, so that the response would be uncertain.
> >>
> >>Also, the peptides require such a complex blend of frequencies as to
> >>be beyond current radio technology.      ;-)
> >>

> >Can you clarify?  What do you mean by dopamine "frequency" and GABA
> >"frequency"??
> >
> >If you are indeed referring to some line of research which has eluded
> >me, please supply some references.  I AM aware of a study on ELF
> >effects (i.e. not radiofrequency range) on--?  5-HT, I believe.
> >
> >F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
> >New York Neuropsychology Group
> Sorry to confuse you.  But I have been so annoyed by the lack of real
> science in so much of what I see on a newsgroup supposedly devoted to
> neuroscience that I tried my hand at a little sarcasm (indicated by the
> little emoticon I included).
> It is possible that any physical stimulus might somehow indirectly
> influence
> a neurotransmitter level.  That is a far cry from "a radio wave tuned to
> neurotransmitters".  The notion of a "dopamine frequency" is the
> logical consequence of this tuning.  You are right,  it makes no
> sense whatsoever.
>  I assumed by comments were so outrageously silly that they could
> not be taken seriously.

           A Lark! A Lark!
           A Lark for Mister Bark!