Requesting a Gift Idea

Vitor Cruz vitorcruz at
Sat Dec 5 16:57:37 EST 1998

I once received a Archimedes termometer and loved it.

In case you don't know it, its a glass cilinder filled with a liquid in
which float some spheres . As the temperature changes, some spheres go up
or down, indicating the actual temperature. I've seen cilinders from about
20 to 50 cm, with different colours in the liquid inside.

This is usefull and also decorative.

Vitor Cruz

Visit my portuguese water analysis homepage at:

mail me to:
vitorcruz at

harryking at escreveu no artigo
<74c7vg$vho$1 at>...