Does anyone know what orthostatic intolerance is???

William Byrd wrbyrd at home.com
Sun Dec 6 15:31:33 EST 1998

Her symptoms are numerous blackouts, skipping heart beats (she has 1st
degree heart block), localized, hopefully temmporary nerve damage, low blood
pressure, 2 fainting episodes, increased heart rate, gastro-intestional
problems, exercise intolerance, etc.  If I remember correctly, the black
outs caused her to go to the doctor, but so much has happened since then
that I can't remember exactly.  She has been on several medications over the
past year and a half because the doctors did not diagnose her correcty for
some time.  Most of the medications that she was on made her symptoms worse,
not better.  They did, however put her on a high salt diet and told her to
drink at least a quart (I think) of Gatorade a day.  She will, as far as she
knows, be on this for the rest of her life.  She has seen cardiologists,
neurologists, gasterointerologists, psychologists, family doctors, and
consultants.  They have done, literally, just about every medical test they
can think of.