essay question

david_olmsted at my-dejanews.com david_olmsted at my-dejanews.com
Mon Dec 7 12:13:11 EST 1998

http://www.neurocomputing.org.
> : The alternative to the more common idea that neurons process data using
> : spatio-temporal integration is that neurons process data using
microcircuits.

> How about neural assemblies?
>
> Eric Johnson

Eric,

I assume by neural assemblies you mean the work that has been done with
neural network theory. I am just not impressed with their ability to process
information in an efficient and biologically realistic fashion. Learning
takes too many trials and beyond simple pattern classification they can't do
much else. Also these neural assemblies must still assume some basic neuron
operations which in the past has always been the standard neuron model with
the threshold.

Sincerely,
David Olmsted