essay question

kkollins at pop3.concentric.net kkollins at pop3.concentric.net
Sun Dec 6 23:53:43 EST 1998

david_olmsted at my-dejanews.com wrote:

> In article <Pine.SO4.4.02.9812061322390.17837-100000 at gemini>,
>   Mark Brady <bm6ai at herts.ac.uk> wrote:
> > I am a student studying Cognitive Science, and I have an essay question,
> > entitled, "It is spatio-temporal integration that allows neurones to
> > process data".  If anyone knows of any good references, or has an
> > first-hand information on the subject, could they please email me with the
> > relevant info.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >               M.E.Brady
> >
> Mark,
>
> For a negative view to that idea see my site at http://www.neurocomputing.org.
> The alternative to the more common idea that neurons process data using
> spatio-temporal integration is that neurons process data using microcircuits.

Please Forgive me, David, but =both= views are Verifiably-Incorrect.

[P. S. folks who're relying upon "Deja News" to read the discussions I'm
"attending" should be Aware that "Deja News" is reporting only Incompletely...
discussions in sci.techniques.xtallography (where I went of my own volition), and
alt-religion.gnostic (where I got cross-posted-into) (and a bunch of other
Newsgroups that I've not been able to get anything going in), are not reported by
"Deja News". kpc]