looking for help

F. Frank LeFever flefever at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 9 01:03:23 EST 1998

If you are looking for immediate clinical help (i.e. need help right
now for sommeone with schizophrenia), your best bet at the present time
is someone up-to-date on the newest pharmacoloogical treatments.

If you are interested in learning about genetic engineering
possibilities, there is mmuch current work in many centers.  I attended
the annual meeting of the Association for Research in Nervous & Mental
Disease a few days ago, and while schizophrenia was not the only focus
(affective disorders, phobias, tics, addiction, etc. also considered),
I would say at least 8 of the 10 presentations included something about
genetic expression.  For ex., Steven Hyman (NIMH), Robert Post (also
NIMH), Carol Tammaniga (U of Maryland), etc.

F. Frank LeFever, Ph.D.
New York Neuropsychology Group