Does anyone know what orthostatic intolerance is???

Aaron Bearchief abearchi at calcna.ab.ca
Wed Dec 9 09:12:05 EST 1998

Hi William,

I read your previous posting with great interest and after such an
exhaustive battery of testing I must admit there may be little that
traditional medicine can offer your friend.  This is definitely not to say
that there is no hope for your friend.  This may be an opportunity to look
into alternative forms of treatment (i.e. acupuncture, imagery, etc.)
though this is something you should discuss with your physician.  I'm
assuming your doc is familiar with alternative forms of medicine...?
Please don't discount this suggestion too quickly as the placebo effect
has proven itself in many a situation.

Having said that, I'm thinking your friend may be suffering from a
vaso-vagal disorder of some sort.  You suggested a degeneration in her
pedal nerves.  This and the vaso-vagal disorder could be secondary to some
autoimmune condition (?)

I would be interested to hear of any further developments.