Spike initiation in central neurones

Didier A. Depireux didier at Glue.umd.edu
Fri Dec 11 14:01:17 EST 1998

Hannah Dvorak-Carbone (hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu) wrote:
: In article <74pvvj$mc1$1 at pegasus.csx.cam.ac.uk>, aao20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk says...
: >
: >Does anyone have information on current research (i.e 1yr old or less) that
: >produced results that have thrown further light on the site of action
: >potential initiation in mammalian central neurones? I am doing a critical

I would look at

   Luscher HR, et al.  Modeling action potential initiation and
   back-propagation in dendrites of cultured rat motoneurons.
   J Neurophysiol. 1998 Aug;80(2):715-29.

though my favorite article on the subject (in scientific terms, I think
it's the best) is

    Mainen ZF, et al.  A model of spike initiation in neocortical pyramidal
    neurons.  Neuron. 1995 Dec;15(6):1427-39.

						Didier

Didier A Depireux                              didier at isr.umd.edu
Neural Systems Lab                 http://www.isr.umd.edu/~didier
Institute for Systems Research          Phone: 301-405-6557 (off)
University of Maryland                                -6596 (lab)
College Park MD 20742 USA                     Fax: 1-301-314-9920