Need some info please!

Mountain Man mtnman10 at goldeninter.net
Sat Dec 12 18:16:25 EST 1998

Hi, groupies!

I'm needing some answers about neurological problems for a friend. Any good
places to go to... new to this group, so forgive me if I can find what I
need here. All this info I have is 2nd hand, so bear with me!

My friend has some sensory neuropathy (?). His condition has gotten slowly
worse over the last 20 years. The last 6 months have gotten worse.... he
has some numbness in his left foot. He has to "concentrate" to walk (a
deliberate effort), has to "lock" his knees to walk under control. If he
closes his eyes, he loses his balance. Motor functions are okay, but there
seems to be some slight loss in hands. No muscle atrophy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks from all his friends!