Ilioinguinal nerve damage

lae2 at psu.edu lae2 at psu.edu
Sun Dec 13 03:58:42 EST 1998

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:07:00 -0800, "Allie" <allibirm at jps.net> wrote:

>I'm looking for a neurologist in the Illinois area that can consult with a
>patient in determining whether or not surgery is recommended for releasing
>the ilioinguinal nerve after inguinal  hernia surgery.  His primary
>physician does not recommend the surgery and the patient doesn't want it.
>He needs to be evaluated with this in mind.
>Allie

This does not make much sense or I am reading it wrong.  The patient
does not want it and the primary physician does not recommend it.  Who
does want it?  Entrapment within the canal might be tricky to release.
What is the evidence for entrapment?  Are paresthesias interfering
with perineal function?