minds and brains

kkollins at pop3.concentric.net kkollins at pop3.concentric.net
Sun Dec 13 06:26:12 EST 1998

[small, but Important, additional comment within]

kkollins at pop3.concentric.net wrote:

> TONYJEFFS wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ray & all,
> > I agree with virtually everything you say.
> > The only exception is:  I believe that my unique awareness of my own existance,
> > is good evidence that I have a soul - a soul that may well be nothing more than
> > a passive observer. (statistically, it is imo infinitely improbable that I
> > would be uniquely and intimately  aware of the existance of  one "TonyJeffs". I
> > can't concieve of a rational explanation for this phenomenon)
> > Irrespective of that, the physical nervous system does appear to be entirely
> > adequate for all human functions.   It follows  that all my decisions, thoughts
> > and actions are systematically formulated in accordance with the development of
> > my cephalated nervous system, and its response to its environment. This renders
> > the concept of 'free will' unnecessary.
>
> Although Truth Determines everything, Free Will is Physically-Real.
>
> If one is willing to endure the Consequences of "moving away from"
> "truth", to the degree of such, one =can= "move away from" "truth".
>
> Small "t"... must be a "catch" in-there, no?
>
> Yes.
>
> The "catch" is that, since, in the Absence of the way our nervous
> systems process information, all our nervous systems do is
> Blindly-Automated TD E/I-minimization, it follows that, if within
> this-or-that "group" (family, neighborhood, "gang", "community",
> "corporation", Society, Culture, etc.) folks Blindly "Agree" to
> collectively "move away from" Truth, their collective behavior
> establishes an =Illusion= of there "being truth", as long as folks
> "adhere" to the "group".
>
> To a non-"group"-member who "wanders-into" the "group's" "territory",
> this Illusory "truth" will have the Appearance of "Truth", but it's all
> "just" sustained by the Blind "Agreement" inherent in the "group's"
> collective behaviorl dynamics.
>
> Such Illusory "truth" can =Always= be Recognized through just
> "ranging-widely" enough to detect its always-there "boundaries" within
> Never-Changing Truth...

Which is Why =all= Education =Must= be Liberal Arts-big-time, first,
=then= technical specialization. If students skip the Liberal-Arts
stuff, as has been increasingly the case, they are "condemned" to not
being able to Recognize the always-there "boundaries" of
Illusory-"truth"... which is being condemned to Blindness. K. P. Collins