OSMOSIS? CAPILLARY ACTION? ROOT PRESSURE?

kkollins at pop3.concentric.net kkollins at pop3.concentric.net
Sun Dec 13 20:25:08 EST 1998

Walter Eric Johnson wrote:

> Andrew K Fletcher (andrew.k.fletcher at naturesway.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> : Its mighty quiet out there? is this the calm before the storm or has science
> : already conceded?
> :
> : Surely someone out there must have something to say on this subject?
>
> Are you really suggesting that fingernails and toenails are
> just minerals which "settled to the bottom"?

I'd not gotten such out of my reading of what Andrew's posted, but if
that's where he's going, I can offer the following stuff as
food-for-thought...

If one views evolutionary dynamics from the perspective of what's
described by 2nd Thermo (wdb2t), then a pretty-much air-tight case can
be made in favour of a "suggesti[on] that fingernails and toenails are
just minerals which 'settled to the bottom'".

How's it so?

Take the view that what Life Does is climb the wdb2d gradient, which is
an =Excellent= thing to do be-cause 100% of the available Physical
evidence "says" that, no matter where one "looks",  the directionality
inherent in the wdb2t gradient points =Exactly=, and =Deterministically=
to increased energy availability (such stands Proven, so please don't
"buzz" me with respect to such).

So, in terms of evolutionary dynamics, it's Perfectly-Acceptable to
explore an Hypothesis that "suggest[s] that fingernails and toenails are
just minerals which 'settled to the bottom'".

In the view of such an Hypothesis, "fingernails and toenails" are "just"
what happens when the engineering-plan for an organism becomes Optimised
with respect to that organism's climbing the wdb2t gradient... get it?
...saying "all features being Optimised" is, with respect to
"fingernails and toenails", exactly the same as saying "that fingernails
and toenails are just minerals which 'settled to the bottom'" :-)

The "hard" part is Seeing that all of such is in Exact-Accord with
wdb2t's =Exact Determinism=.

But that "difficulty" is only Illusory, resulting from the fact that
wdb2t is merely-Unfamiliar :-)

[to Andrew: Although I gave your long post the othe night =the most=
"time" I gave anything that night, I read it only Incompletely. If this
"fingernails and toenails" thing is Important", please respond. I See
that it's as above. I've doen =All= of Evolutionary Theory, and
Genetics, in the Same way... there's =Nothing= that can stand against
such. The view of Darwin is Superceded.]

K. P. Collins