Does anyone know what orthostatic intolerance is???Doctors

William Byrd wrbyrd at home.com
Mon Dec 14 17:05:07 EST 1998

Another question...She has just been told that her cardiologist is moving.
This may not seem like a big deal, but he was one of two people that (to her
knowledge) know anything about dysautonomia or orthostatic intolerance.  She
has already been to the other doctor and he told her to, "Get a hobby."
This really doesn't make her want to go back to him.  If anyone knows of a
cardiologist in the Baton Rouge, LA area with knowledge of either
dysautonomia or orthostatic intolerance, please let me know.  Thanks
Andrew K Fletcher wrote in message
<913671947.2729.0.nnrp-06.d4e44203 at news.demon.co.uk>...
>Try this again but stay with it! Make absolutely sure that the whole bed is
>tilted from head to toe.
>
>She could wear a support stocking at night to reduce the initial swelling,
>which incidentally should  be self correcting, given a couple of months.
>

>Raise the head of her bed by six inches or fifteen cm, so that the whole
bed
>slopes downward from head to toe.
>
>When she is sitting put extra pillows under her bottom so that when viewed
>from the side, her bottom is higher than her knees.
>
>Orthostatic intolerance is caused by our lack of understanding in the way
>that gravity assists/drives circulation.
>
>I suggest you start immediately and perhaps you could post a progress
report
>in a few days time?
>
>Horizontal bed rest and poor sitting posture should be eliminated from her
>routine in favour of an inclined posture.
>
>She blacks out because a negative pressure is induced by gravity as it acts
>upon concentrated liquids which result through vapour lost from the
>respiratory tract and skin.
>When she is in the wrong position a build up of these "heavier" liquids
>causes a sudden increase in the circulatory systems.
>
>The pooling she mentions is evidence of concentrated liquids finding their
>way to the lowest parts of her anatomy.
>
>It is going to be a long slow process, but as there is nothing else on
offer
>what do you have to lose by listening to a man who has given you a reply to
>your request for help?
>William Byrd wrote in message ...
>>She said that this doesn't work because the blood pools in her legs when
>she
>>stands, etc.  She was told that this is caused because she has poor muscle
>>tone and her muscles don't contract to send the blood up to her heart.
>>Currently she is working to improve her muscle tone by using low
resistance
>>weight training. Thanks for the suggestion, any way.
>>Andrew K Fletcher wrote in message
>><912634507.940.1.nnrp-10.d4e44203 at news.demon.co.uk>...
>

>>>William Byrd wrote in message
>>><4tZ82.963$Pq4.4177023 at news.rdc1.tx.home.com>...