What is the mind?

Walter Eric Johnson wej3715 at fox.tamu.edu
Mon Dec 14 15:30:59 EST 1998

Bloxy's (Bloxy's at hotmail.com) wrote:
: In article <36753F1B.3DB747F0 at pop3.concentric.net>, kkollins at concentric.net wrote:
: >Stephen Paul King wrote:
: >>
: >> kkollins at pop3.concentric.net wrote:
: >>
: [...]
: >
: >I want only to do this work.
: >
: >Until then, can you (or anyone else) tell me whether I am free to
: >circulate the "raw" stuff that includes msgs posted by others? ken
: >collins
:
: If the messages came from a public posting,
: then you can do anything you want with it.
: It isn't a copyrighted material any more.

That's not quite true.  It is still considered copyrighted and
the writer has the rights over it unless he has specifically
given them up.

A related question came up when someone wanted to use many postings
by many different people.  A lawyer pointed out that no publishing
company would touch the book without signed releases from every
single poster.

Eric Johnson