Scince Fair Help

Matt Jones jonesmat at ohsu.edu
Mon Dec 14 14:03:34 EST 1998

In article <36740FDE.4815 at pop.flash.net> Neil Martinuzzi,
arnold1 at FLASH.NET writes:
>To whom it may concern:
>	My name is Aaron Martinuzzi and I have to do a science fair project
>this year (seventh grade).  The project I have chosen to do is to find
>out if subliminal learning is effective.  I would like to do this
>project, but I am in need of more information on subliminal learning.
>If you could mail me back at your earliest convinience, that would be
>great. Thank you!
>			  Sincerely,
>				    Aaron Martinuzzi

I think this is an excellent project.  If I were you, I would start with
a web search for the word "subliminal". I came up with the stuff below
after about ten seconds on www.infoseek.com:

Just remember, don't believe everything you read.

Matt Jones

http://www.parascope.com/articles/0397/sublim.htm

            The Subliminal Scares

            by Jon Elliston
            Dossier Editor
            pscpdocs at aol.com

            Do hidden stimuli pass stealthily though the doors of
perception? If so, do subliminal messages have any effect on the minds
            they invade? In the late 1950s, the American public was
troubled with such questions after concealed ads were reportedly shown
            to unwitting movie-goers. The initial obsession with
subliminals was short-lived, however, as the controversial practice of
            advertising "below the threshold of awareness" was neither
proven effective nor widely used. But the seeds of subsequent
            subliminal scares were planted, and the notion that what you
don't see may be as important as what you do see would rise again
            and again into the American consciousness. This Dossier
special report explores the hysteria surrounding subliminal messages,
            from the 1950s to the not-so-distant future.

            (c) Copyright 1997 ParaScope, Inc.

                1: Hidden Persuasion?

                2: Washington Reacts

                3: Vicary Tells All