Fwd:Re: Non-lethal weapons acting via external manipulation of the Central

Allen L. Barker alb at datafilter.com
Tue Dec 15 04:02:58 EST 1998

patanie at my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Creating non-lethal weapons would be a humane way of treating barbaric human
> conflicts.
> I am convinced that if we can get the necessary funds and researchers such
> non-lethal weapons could be created in a near future.

"Non-lethal" weapons in the hands of barbarians are torture implements.

There has been an ongoing push in the US over the past few years to develop new
non-lethal (and lethal) anti-personnel devices.  There have also been efforts (and conferences)
by the Justice department aimed at the transfer of these formerly-more-secretive devices to
domestic law enforcement agencies.

Related links:

Allen L. Barker