Non-lethal weapons acting ...

jwill at pacbell.net jwill at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 18 15:27:22 EST 1998

In article <36788757.AF883561 at datafilter.com>,
  "Allen L. Barker" <alb at datafilter.com> wrote:
> jwill at pacbell.net wrote:
>
> > I have heard about the abandoned "MKULTRA" and related projects,
> With these connections you are no doubt aware of the sorts of psyops
> that occur in conjunction with covert operations.
>
> --
> Allen L. Barker
> http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~alb

No.  Anyone I ever worked with would have considered such weapons
dishonorable instruments of torture.

I've just visited http://www.parascope.com/articles/0797/em.htm

It's interesting that if the review above is correct,
the Marine Corps, who are serious soldiers,
have refused to adopt such weapons.  Most of the research
seems to be in the Air Force, whose main concern is to
stay away from harm and protect the $million investments
they operate.  "Covert" operations provide the extra option
that they might operate, or they might just act as though they
operate.