Mind.forth Programming Journal: 13 DEC 1998

Mentifex mentifex at scn.org
Sat Dec 19 12:14:39 EST 1998

REXX expert Stephen Rondeau "sbr at halcyon.com" wrote on 18 Dec 1998:

[quoting Jeff Fox, the highly regarded maker of F21 Forth chips]:
>> Mind.Forth is the second implementation of Mr. Murray's theory of
>> artificial mind.  I was impressed by the first implementation of the
>> theory in Mind.Rexx.  I spoke to the author who interestingly enough
>> had just extended Rexx to a parallel language with the Linda parallel
>> programming extension.

> I'm afraid Jeff Fox got a little confused about who did what,
> as he met with me instead of Mr. Murray, and I was the one who
> extended Rexx (Rexinda is the product name) to utilize the Linda
> parallel programming model. While Mr. Murray's work endures and
> is an active project, the Rexinda product never really got anybody
> excited and is now dormant.

> Stephen Rondeau

  Here in Seattle around January 1994 I met Stephen Rondeau when I
  was coding Mind.rexx and Stephen had advertised an Amiga Rexx
  product in the Amiga magazine "Amazing Computing."  All through
  1994 Stephen helped me to program Mind.rexx and he is the SBR in
  http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/mindrexx.html the 26nov1994 Mindrexx.

  In December of 1994 Jeff Fox was one of the few who responded to my
  http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/mindmap.html Flowchart of
  Mind.rexx AI after I posted it in ca. ten comp.lang.* newsgroups.
  The other Forth respondent was a builder of robots, who declared
  that he was going to port Mind.rexx to Forth.  In order to assist
  him, I started learning Forth, and Jeff Fox e-mailed advice to me.
  When Stephen Rondeau planned a trip from Seattle WA USA to Palo Alto
  CA USA to attend the annual REXX language convention in early 1995,
  Stephen Rondeau graciously (that is, as a favor to my AI project)
  met with Jeff Fox on Jeff's home ground in order to explain the
  Mind.rexx project.  For three years Mind.forth was dormant, until

  http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7256/m-forth.html Singularity!