Off-topic posts (was Re: So-long...)

John johnhkm at logicworld.com.au
Sat Dec 19 02:58:43 EST 1998

Another correction.

You mentioned the Indian math whiz chandra ... My response was incorrect.
The mathematician I had in mind was Srinivasa Ramanujan. I believe that to
this day they are still going through his notes.

The math whiz you had in mind was Chandrasekhar, who came up with an
important theorem in cosmology: Chandrasekhar's limit: the maximum possible
value for the mass of a white star. He was a young Indian to be research
student on his way to England when he derived the value. Some student!

John.

<3679904E.DDA8316B at pop3.concentric.net>...