BIOSOUND Scientific rebuttal

Walter Eric Johnson wej3715 at scully.tamu.edu
Sun Dec 20 17:29:30 EST 1998

Jerry Howe (jhowe2 at bellsouth.net) wrote:
:                 Received:
:                          from rly-zb05.mx.aol.com (rly-zb05.mail.aol.com
: [172.31.41.5])
:                          by air-zb01.mail.aol.com (v53.29) with SMTP;
: Sun, 20 Dec
:                          1998 03:25:39 -0500
:                 Received:
:                          from mail.tamu.edu (mail.tamu.edu
: [128.194.103.38]) by
:                          rly-zb05.mx.aol.com (8.8.8/8.8.5/AOL-4.0.0)
: with ESMTP id
:                          DAA10742 for <Biosound at aol.com>; Sun, 20 Dec
: 1998
:                          03:25:38 -0500 (EST)
:                 Received:
:                          from fox.tamu.edu (wej3715 at unix.tamu.edu
: [128.194.103.25])
:                          by mail.tamu.edu (8.9.0/8.9.0) with SMTP id
: CAA13340 for
:                          <Biosound at aol.com>; Sun, 20 Dec 1998 02:25:37
: -0600 (CST)
:                    Date:
:                          Sun, 20 Dec 1998 02:25:37 -0600 (CST)
:                    From:
:                          Eric Johnson <wej3715 at fox.tamu.edu>
:                Reply-To:
:                          Robots at tamu.edu
:                      To:
:                          Biosound at aol.com
:                  Subject:
:                          Re: Spam on bionet.neuroscience: New scientific
: device cures
:                          hyperacitvity in dogs
:              In-Reply-To:
:                          <367C5879.F16B9857 at bellsouth.net>
:              Message-ID:
:
: <Pine.SOL.3.96.981220021718.12604A-100000 at fox.tamu.edu>
:            Mime-Version:
:                          1.0
:             Content-type:
:                          text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
:
:
:
: Sorry if  the necessity for this posting is as annoying to any one else
: as it is to me.  It seems that Mr. Eric Johnson has admittedly (see
: CREB) had untidy reading habits AND a propensity to go off half cocked,
: and remarkably so, being devoid of information.
: Without even pausing for a click, he sent the following complaints (see
: above and below).

I don't read newsgroups with anything clickable.  I did type the URL
into Netscape and look through your so-called "scientific" justification.
It looks to me like your argument isn't too unlike idiotic claims we
used to hear that listening to rock and roll would turn you into a
sex maniac and drug user.

: First he responded that this has nothing to do with neuroscience. Were I
: to be communicating with him at his university, I wonder just how long
: it would take Mr. Johnson to ask for ten or twenty thousand dollars to
: study my work?  Not any longer than others, I'm sure. Unless he could
: get credit for my work.

I'd ignore the request or pass it along to someone interested in it.
I have no desire to get credit for your work.

: Next, after receiving my reply to him, he obviously did bother to go to
: the site in question, and without seeking further information, jumped to
: his vested conclusion that the work of BIOSOUND Scientific has something
: to do with Pavlovian conditioning. At least he was able to read that
: much into it.  It was in large print.

I did look at the site.  I was not impressed -- it looked like nothing
more than psychobabble.

: Although Pavlovian conditioning certainly can and in some circumstances
: does have something to do with what I'm talking about, it does not
: explain it all.
: In the future, responses from Mr. Johnson will be disregarded and
: dismissed without a response.

Good.

: Sincerely, Jerry Howe, Director of Research, BIOSOUND Scientific.