BIOSOUND Scientific rebuttal

Jerry Howe jhowe2 at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 20 16:52:03 EST 1998

                   Date:
                         Sun, 20 Dec 1998 02:25:37 -0600 (CST)
                   From:
                         Eric Johnson <wej3715 at fox.tamu.edu>
                     To:
                         Biosound at aol.com
                         Re: Spam on bionet.neuroscience: New scientific
device cures
                         hyperacitvity in dogs
<Pine.SOL.3.96.981220021718.12604A-100000 at fox.tamu.edu>
                         7bit

Sorry if  the necessity for this posting is as annoying to any one else
as it is to me.  It seems that Mr. Eric Johnson has admittedly (see
CREB) had untidy reading habits AND a propensity to go off half cocked,
and remarkably so, being devoid of information.
Without even pausing for a click, he sent the following complaints (see
above and below).
First he responded that this has nothing to do with neuroscience. Were I
to be communicating with him at his university, I wonder just how long
it would take Mr. Johnson to ask for ten or twenty thousand dollars to
study my work?  Not any longer than others, I'm sure. Unless he could
get credit for my work.
Next, after receiving my reply to him, he obviously did bother to go to
the site in question, and without seeking further information, jumped to
his vested conclusion that the work of BIOSOUND Scientific has something
to do with Pavlovian conditioning. At least he was able to read that
much into it.  It was in large print.
Although Pavlovian conditioning certainly can and in some circumstances
does have something to do with what I'm talking about, it does not
explain it all.
In the future, responses from Mr. Johnson will be disregarded and
dismissed without a response.

Sincerely, Jerry Howe, Director of Research, BIOSOUND Scientific.
On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Jerry Howe wrote:

> Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 20:52:58 -0500
> From: Jerry Howe <jhowe2 at bellsouth.net>
> To: Robots at tamu.edu
> Cc: abuse at bellsouth.net, postmaster at bellsouth.net, abuse at aol.com,
>     postmaster at aol.com, biosound at aol.com
> Subject: Re: Spam on bionet.neuroscience: New scientific device cures
hyperacitvity in dogs

> Dear Sir;
> I'm shocked.
> First, this device has everything to do with neuroscience and bio
physics.
> If you doubt this, visit the site. Click on the icon that reads
> "more scientific information."  If that does not put enough light
> on the subject, please write and perhaps I can help you with
> the information you need. The reason I posted this group is
> because I would like to discuss my work with those who know
> something about it.
> Sincerely,
> Jerry Howe,
> Director of Research,
> BIOSOUND Scientific

What you posted to the newsgroup is an advertisement.  If you were
interested in discussing the principles involved, you could easily have
done so without posting an advertisement.  In my opinion, your device
appears to be some kind of Pavlovian training technique.  For that, a
general discussion on a psychology newsgroup would probably be far more
appropriate.

Eric Johnson

> Eric Johnson wrote:

It
> > stops barking dogs in minutes.  Doggy  Do Righttm  gently and
pleasantly
> > overcomes any obsessive or compulsive behaviors such as submissive
> > urination, digging, chewing, territorial marking, barrier
frustration,
> > over aggression, car sickness... even fear of thunder, to just name
> > few.
> >
> > Doggy Do Right is an ultrasonic, psycho acoustic behavior
modification
> > device that entrains the dog's brain to alter its perception of
> > stimulus, through state conditioned learning, among other scientific

> > psychological principles.  Dogs love listening to Doggy Do Right,
and
> > within days, behavior problems are extinguished.
> >
> > The copyright program plays like a small radio, silent to humans,
and
> > controls any dogs within 500 feet.  There are no manuals to study,
> > nothing to learn, and no techniques or expertise required to operate

> > it.  You don't even need to own the dogs.  Life just got easier for
you
> > and those dogs in your life.
> >
> > BIOSOUND Scientific knows Doggy Do Right makes dogs do right.  But
we
> > also recognize the need for dog owners to do right by their dogs.
> > Therefore, BIOSOUND Scientific is making available to every dog
lover, a
> > comprehensive psychology based behavior  modification manual, the
Wits'
> > End Dog Training Method (a not for profit educational
organization).  We
> > hope to enhance the lives of dogs and dog lovers, and want everyone
> > take advantage of, enjoy, and benefit from it.
> >
> > Please take a moment to review our site.  Doggy Do Right has much
offer
> > canine and human society. http://www.doggydoright.com
> >
> > Thank you for your consideration,
> >
> > Jerry Howe,
> > Director of Research,
> > BIOSOUND Scientific
> > biosound at aol.com
> >
> > --------------FF2273733A4AE248875CE142
> >
> > <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
> > There is a new scientific device that cures hyperactivity in
dogs.&nbsp;
> > It stops barking dogs in minutes.&nbsp; Doggy&nbsp; Do Right<font
size=-2>tm&nbsp;</font>
> > gently and pleasantly overcomes any obsessive or compulsive
behaviors such
> > as submissive urination, digging, chewing, territorial marking,
barrier
> > frustration, over aggression, car sickness... even fear of thunder,
> > just name a few.
modification
> > device that entrains the dog's brain to alter its perception of
stimulus,
> > through state conditioned learning, among other scientific
psychological
> > principles.&nbsp; Dogs love listening to Doggy Do Right, and within
days,
> > behavior problems are extinguished.
and
> > controls any dogs within 500 feet.&nbsp; There are no manuals to
study,
> > nothing to learn, and no techniques or expertise required to operate

it.&nbsp;
href="http://www.doggydoright.com">http://www.doggydoright.com</a>