SETI Music to ETIs?

RonBlue rcb5 at MSN.COM
Sun Dec 20 20:29:59 EST 1998

>But how do you convey the purpose of music???
The purpose of music is its effect on the human nervous system.

This effect can occur due to the physics of electrons spin becoming
quantumly entangled in a 40 hertz system (reported by Jack Sarfatti, PhD in
Physics).

The effect is that music entrains the brain to those harmonics (ratio) heard.
The Mozart effect has been reported which temporary raise the IQ of the
listener.  Some people see colors when listening to music, suggesting
powerful and important effects.

You can also entrain the brain to flashing light, and possibly ultrasonic sound
in dogs as illustrated with the following timely post at neur-sci. at net.bio.net .
These are
similar because light can cause intense pleasure in humans at about 125 flashes
per second in my memory is correct.   The ultrasonic sound could be doing the
same in dogs.  These obsevations may support the speculation that one of the
first Extra Terrestrial Intelligent communications we receive may be music.
Emotion is the motivation to communicate.  What greater emotion would get a
civilization to spend its limited economic and time resources than simple
pleasure to share with others.

Ron Blue
Assistant Professor of Psychology