Fwd:Re: Non-lethal weapons acting via external manipulation of the Central

Jim Carr jac at ibms48.scri.fsu.edu
Wed Dec 23 11:14:29 EST 1998

In article <3676F04C.278C5925 at pop3.concentric.net>,
kkollins at concentric.net wrote:
}
} Allen L. Barker wrote:
} > [...]
} > "Non-lethal" weapons in the hands of barbarians are torture implements.
} > [...]
}
} I Agree... it's "just" that they're a bit better than Murder. ken
} collins

In article <75qnm4$aqq$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>
patanie at my-dejanews.com writes:

>Agreed.
>
>This is the reason why developping non-lethal weapons,such as suggested,would
>be a little advance away from present-day barbarism.

 Go see "Elizabeth" for some perspective, on this as well as on the
 current political process involving Time's Men of the Year.  ;-)

 [Quite a good movie as historical dramas go, BTW, but, as our ever
 amusing local reviewer put it: Catholics Strongly Cautioned.]

 Obligatory topical note: One of the few movies out without any major
 physics errors in it ....

--
 James A. Carr   <jac at scri.fsu.edu>     | Commercial e-mail is _NOT_
    http://www.scri.fsu.edu/~jac/       | desired to this or any address