The rise of benzodiazepines as "addictive" "drugs" and the intellectual gestapo

Zvi the Fiddler FiddlerZvi at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 23 21:53:57 EST 1998

patanie at my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<75rdfe$tk6$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Not so many years ago,I was reading a huge monography about
>benzodiazepines(more than a 1000 pages!)and what is
interesting,now,is
>that,in these days,the "addictive" properties of bdzs
were,clearly,not of
>much concern.
>
>All of a sudden,benzodiazepines sprouted in the litterature as
"highly"
>"addictive"!

I don;t know what you've been reading, but benzodiazepines were
recognized as addictive within a few years after their release.  Not
as bad as barbiturates -- but that isn;t saying much.

By the way, the main use of dopamine is for heart patients in shock.

Zvi the Fiddler