verbal vs. non-verbal memory

Sir Knowitall for.spam.reasons.peel.away.until.only.fellin.remains at one.net.au
Fri Dec 25 04:59:30 EST 1998

This topic touches on a sore spot in many people.

And Frank LeFevre is not alone in reacting defensively (AEVASIVEly) for this
reason.  That is, the fact that most of us have "engrams" [alt. "primal
Pain" (or just "Pain") or "CURSES" (short and sweet for e.g. "Conditioned-in
Unconsciously Reactive Stressors Effecting (EVASIVE) Symptoms"] caused by
"Specific ~'Hibernation'~ Imploring Type Situations" in **preverbal** stages
of our (own) lifes.

By the way, it gets highly ironic when people who purport that they are
trying to understand the human brain (in their capacity of being
professionals in a profession dedicated to the study of how the brain works,
and thus how we are and behave) are by instinct and conditioning reluctant
("AEVASIVEly so") to make sense of brain and behavioural facts and factors
**that are available right in front of their noses***. However this becomes
especially ironic when what is being "AEVASIVEly ignored" is facts and
factors relevant to: the functional relationship between opioids, "memory
imprints" of certain kinds of adversity and their future co-motivational
influences on our learning and ongoing individual "choices" from an
available repertoire of potentially transiently dominant Behaviours
(including "mental/covert forms of Behaviour).