verbal vs. non-verbal memory

Thomas A. Martin TMartin at pitnet.net
Sun Dec 27 14:45:23 EST 1998

I must disagree with kkollins reply.  There is plenty of evidence to support
a anatomical (physical) distinction between these two types of memory.  For
example, people who sustain a traumatic brain injury may have trouble with
verbal memory while non-verbal memory may be unaffected, or vice versa.
While it is often the case that both types of memory are often similarly
affected by an injury this disassociation offers support for some
distinction between these forms of memory.  Further examination of
neuroanatamy books would shed light upon your question.

TMartin

<3682EDEA.BBD77039 at pop3.concentric.net>...