Inquisitions:From the "witches",to the "Jews",to "drug addicts"

kbrauer kbrauer at one.net
Sun Dec 27 22:23:23 EST 1998

patanie at my-dejanews.com wrote:

> > Dr. Alan Wheatley wrote:
> > >
> The article suggests that
> > > addiction results from an increase in dopamine activity: "It is thought
> > > that all habit-forming drugs affect the dopamine (DA) system in the brain
> > > either directly as DA agonists, or by enhancing DA release, or by acting
> > > on other neurons responding to different neurotransmitters, which synapse
> > > upon this DA system to activate it." The benzodiazepines are explicitly
> > > included in this explanation:

from Claude:

> The generality that dopamine is "the" "culprit" of "drug addiction" is not a
> scientific problem but a socio-religious problem which arose in the extreme
> form of Protestantism cultivated in North-America.
>
> I doubt that bouddhist scientists,for example,would ever have invented this
> typically protestant notion of "drug" and "drug addiction".

Tell me all about Buddhist science.

> Our judeo-christian societies have been very keen at Inquisition and trying
> to,authoritarily,control the mind and the behaviour of others.

But  all those Asians are living in unfettered liberty right now, huh.....

> As Dr Thomas Szasz nicely pointed in his book "The Manufacture of Madness" and
> Philosopher Michel Foucault in his many books on how human beings enjoy
> controlling other human beings,inquisitional behaviours are not extinct.
>
> Just think of an obvious example,in your type of society:President Clinton.

Dunno, maybe he thinks that rape should not be controlled, even though it is
imposing yourself on someone else. --Jane Doe #5

> The Spanish Inquisition tracked the devilry(diablerie)in a concept called
> "witch".
>
> The Nazi Inquisition tracked devilry in a concept called "Jew".
>
> The new "Drug Gestapo" is tracking devilry within the very fabric of our own
> synapses through a concept called the "drug addict" and a molecule called
> "dopamine".

"They're coming to take me away haha ......"

> All these behaviours are Inquisitions.The concept under scrutiny changes,but
> the behaviour stays the same through the centuries.
>
> All Inquisitions have tried to "eradicate" a devilry from the body or the
> mind of human beings.Past devilries have been the "witch",the "Jew",the "Gay"
> and the last one is the "drug addict + dopamine".
>
> Dopamine is one of the MOST IMPORTANT molecule in our brain because it serves
> the purpose to stimulate:
>
> Action
> Motivations
> Our desire of Freedom

Then why is it that drug heads, as a rule, can't get anything done????   There are
a few exceptions, but imagine how much they could get done if they were not on
drugs??  Then there is the set of those who are self medicating their mental
illness....

> Without dopamine,never we could maintain our structure because we would lose
> motivation.We would stop acting in exoreality and become zombies.
>
> Attacking dopamine is like trying to lobotomise people because dopamine is the
> ESSENCE of an animal WILL to fight for SURVIVAL.

Attacking dopamine......  "and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their
clean white shirts..."

> Dopamine IS the molecule of survival.
>
> So the new Gestapo against dopamine is a highly politically sensitive subject
> because controlling,by law,dopamine is just,simply stated,CONTROLLING THE
> SURVIVAL INSTINCT of we,human beings.
>
> The Dopamine Inquisitors are the most dangerous Inquisitors ever because,if
> they succeeded in their monstruous quest,it would mean that mankind would be
> dispossed of this very molecule which induces Resistance to Tyranny.
>
> No external self-proclaimed "authority" has the right to manipulate our
> dopamine activity.
>
> This is a basic freedom which ought to be put in the Declaration of the Rights
> of Man.

Problem is that so many types of drug heads impinge upon the rights of others and
their pursuit of happiness, especially when they pick the types of drugs that
enhance behavior problems.  And like Bubba Bill, they are too self centered to
realize this or care about it.

Hoosier Pharmer,
standing in for Atilla the Hun ;-)

Hoosier Pharmer's Home   http://w3.one.net/~kbrauer/html%20files