Hippocampal role in working memory?

Joanna Bryson joannab at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
Sun Feb 1 14:17:26 EST 1998

"Gary Greenberg" <greenber at wsuhub.uc.twsu.edu> writes:

>It may be of interest to read:

>Jarrard, L. E. (1984) Is the hippocampus involved in memory? In B. E. Will,
>P. Schmitt & J. C. Dalrymple-Alford (eds). Brain plasticity, learning, and
>memory (pp. 363-372).

I don't know this book, but this is such a major topic of very productive
research it's hard to believe a book 14 years old is the best suggestion.
I have a special issue of Hippocampus (vol 6, num 6, 1996) on my desk
"computational models of hippocampal function in memory" -- many of
the articles provide neat, concise reviews of evidence in this domain.
For example "A Theory of Hippocampal Function in Memory," by Rolls.
I'm sure there are also more recent review articles available.

Joanna