Can I learn Digital?

Dev Nag deity at leland.Stanford.EDU
Tue Feb 3 22:35:39 EST 1998

In article <6b79ah$l93$1 at>,  <cijadra at> wrote:
>"Steve Black" <sblack at> wrote:
>>I was wondering if anyone here knows of any research into the speed at which
>>humans could process a digital signal that was interfaced to nerve cells via
>>touch. If I had a device that touched my skin and gave a digital signal (via
>>pressure for example), could I 'learn' binary code? Could I learn to 'run'
>>this signal through an internally learnt program and translate, say, a
>>digital ASCII signal into language in my brain?
>>Juz wondering.

	I suspect you could...isn't that similar to the sort of binary parsing
visually impaired individuals have to do when reading Braille?

|"The best way to accelerate a Mac is at 9.8 meters per second squared."     |
| Gillian Anderson Testosterone Brigade                      ST:TNG & ST:VOY |
\-------------> The meaning of life is whatever you think it is. <-----------/