Question on Parkinson's cause

jessica willow soucy soucy at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 9 15:51:00 EST 1998

Usually when the symptoms of parkinson's appear it is after loss of up to
80% of the dopaminergic neurons in the brain. Stress does cause an
increase in glucocorticoids which could by some mechanism I am unaware of
cause dopaminergic neuron death, however the level of cell death needed
for symptoms would indicate a pathogenesis prior to the onset of stress.

JWS