Mentifex Multiphasic Pre-Singularity Inventory
mentifex at scn.org
Mon Feb 9 00:44:53 EST 1998
As you know, the Mentifex Neuroscience-AI-Robotics Mind-Model has
been saturating the memetic hotspots of the World Wide Web with a
stated purpose of creating intelligent robots to serve both robot
and human society as foretold by Vinge writing on The Singularity.
Now your input is requested in the form of posting your response:
01. Do you wish to see more posts about Mentifex or fewer? Why?
02. Do you have any advice on what should be done with Mentifex?
03. If you host a Web site, would you be willing to (go for it!):
- provide an AI discussion area, such as a guestbook?
- build an AI and let it reside at your site?
- archive the survey responses of yourself and others?
- HTML a mind-diagram and a link to http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/
- boldly go where no website has gone before by_________________.
04. Do you ever listen to or participate in verbal discussion of
the Mentifex ideas on how to construct artifical minds for robots?
If so, please describe the tenor and flavor of the rumor or humor.
05. Do you concur with the assessment of Mentifex AI as given at
http://www.crank.net/ (as just another crank project) also at CMU
if you are a scientist who normally reserves judgment about ideas?
06. In response to the Mentifex "Eureka!" claim of firstest with
the mostest in developing a Unified Theory of Mind, what say you?
07. Are you far better at writing or conducting surveys than you
see here, and so would you please give it a try and post results?
08. Are there any aspects of the Unified Theory of Cognition for
which you would like to see greater detail or explanation posted?
09. If a consortium of AI appassionati is looking for a few good
extra brains, is there a bit that you would do as your life-work?
10. Given the likelihood that future historians and philosophers
will be studying what you say ON THE RECORD for centuries to come,
would you please now like to post something in remembrance of you:
Hearing Vision The Evolution of Concepts Motor Output<BR>
/iiiiiii\ /!i!i!i!\ Primitive Verbal Abstract /YYYYYYYYYYYY\<BR>
| ||||||| || ||||||| | + + + + + | |||||!|||!|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || | ___ | | + + / \ + + | |||||!|||!|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || / \ | + + / \ + + | |||||!|||!|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || (image)-|--+ + (blood) +---+ | |||||R|||!|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || \___/ | / \ + \ / __+__ + | |||||U|||!|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || |(red) + \ / (dan- )+ | |||||N|||F|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || | \ / +----+ \ger/-|----|------*|||I|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || | +---|----+ \ / _+_ | |||||||||G|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || | + / \ +------+ / \ | |||||||||H|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || | + (wet) + +(cour-) | |||||||||T|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || | + \ / + + \age/--|----------*|| |<BR>
| ||||||| || | + + + + \_/ | |||||||||||| |<BR>
More information about the Neur-sci