looking for original research

Walter Derzko, Director Idea Lab wderzko at pathcom.com
Mon Feb 16 03:24:51 EST 1998

I remember reading several years ago, that researchers discovered a
neurotransmitter  ? or other signaling compound that gets released at
meal-time to tell the brain to keep pumping stomach-digestion related
enzymes/chemicals and to reduce the thinking, brain related functions
-hence the tired fatigued feeling most people get after lunch

I'm looking for a reference and the original research ( I may have read it
in Nature ? Science ? New Scientist or Science News ? Can't recall and
I didn't clip the story.
Does someone remember the story ?

Please respond to me directly at wderzko at pathcom.com

Walter Derzko